A1 / Beginner
Russian as a Foreign Language Level A1 / Beginner is designed for people with no experience in Russian. After the course, you will be able to respond to everyday social situations and know basic grammar plus 800-1000 vocabulary words. The course will include about 36 lecture hours.
- Introduction to written and spoken Russian
- Practicing Russian sounds and basic intonation patterns
- Learning to write block Cyrillic letters
- Everyday communication skills
- Categories of number and gender of Russian nouns.
- Pronouns (personal, possessive, interrogative, demonstrative)
- Subjugation of adjectives
- Grammar Cases (Nominative, Prepositional, Accusative)
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Greet people
- Become acquainted with somebody;
- Inquire and provide information about yourself, your partner, or a third party;
- Thank, respond to your opponent, express a desire;
- Name one’s profession and occupation;
- Inquire and inform about hobbies and interests;
- Buy food, drinks, clothes and souvenirs;
- Ask for and give an address or phone number;
- Offer to eat out; accept or refuse such an offer, explain the reason of refusal; agree on a meeting place and time; order food and drink; inquire or give information about favorite dishes; pay for the meal.
- Inquire and give information how to get somewhere; whether it is far or close; what the fare is.